Died: Feb. 28, 2012
Army Infantry, 45th Infantry Division, From Oct. 1944 to August 1945.
Porter was too young to enlist in the Army when the war was at its peak, but when he was old enough to enlist he was deployed to France right after the Battle of the Bulge. His ship landed in Le Havre and he went through France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. When the war ended, Porter was in Dachau.
From Our Weekender Advertisers
- Winter and spring sports schedules revised by the WVSSAC
- 4th COVID death reported
- COVID outbreak at HMH long-term care
- Lavinia ‘Vini’ Schoene
- More positives at Hampshire Center
- Employee tests positive at Tavern 29 Bar and Grill
- Krystal M. McCoy
- Charles A. ‘Chaz’ Southerly Jr.
- Raymond L. ‘Salty’ Kline
- Gary W. Cosner
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Breaking News & Review Update
Get Breaking News as it happens and our weekly newsletter for upcoming news, events and more. Sign up today!