The West Virginia Council of Churches released a public service announcement encouraging the use of face masks, handwashing, and physical distancing to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
In order of appearance, participants in the Ecumenical PSA include:
- The Most Reverend Mark E. Brennan, Bishop, Roman Catholic Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston
- Bishop Sandra Steiner Ball, Bishop of the West Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church and President of the West Virginia Council of Churches.
- Reverend Doctor Ed Thompson, Executive Presbyter, West Virginia Presbytery, Presbyterian Church USA
- Rev. Roberta Smith, President, Charleston Black Ministerial Association
- Rev. Thaddaeus Allen, Regional Minister, Christian Church in West Virginia (Disciples of Christ)
- The Right Reverend W. Michie (Mike) Klusmeyer, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of West Virginia
- Rev. Alton Dillard, Presiding Elder, African Methodist Episcopal Church, Third District
- The Most Reverend Matthew L. Riegel, West Virginia-Western Maryland Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Rev. Kay Albright, Pastor, Bridges of Grace United Church of Christ and Interfaith Program Unit Chair
From Our Weekender Advertisers
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Breaking News & Review Update
Get Breaking News as it happens and our weekly newsletter for upcoming news, events and more. Sign up today!