Died: Sept. 11, 2010
Army, Air Corp., Corporal, From Feb. 1943 to Jan. 1946.
Alston was stationed in Papua New Guinea and ran the airstrips there. The Seabees would go in before he did to dig out the airstrips that he ran. On the airstrips, Alston would handle the C-46 and P-48 planes that ran bombing missions out of Papua New
From Our Weekender Advertisers
- Head on collision in Junction
- Head-on crash kills 2
- Route 50 sees flooding, mudslide
- Vaccine eligibility expands in W.Va.
- Slanesville student tests positive for Covid
- Grant Memorial Hospital cited with Medicaid Fraud
- Garrett I. Long
- Fields Day: Gracie leads Hampshire over Frankfort 50-48
- DMV delays Keyser opening
- WVDOT’s 2021 map now live
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Breaking News & Review Update
Get Breaking News as it happens and our weekly newsletter for upcoming news, events and more. Sign up today!