AUGUSTA — Our January meeting was cancelled due to weather and other circumstances, but we had a great turn out for our February meeting. It was held February 21 at 6:30 pm at the Augusta Elementary School.
The meeting was called to order and we said the Pledge of Allegiance and then our 4-H pledge. Roll was called. Megan, our secretary, read a letter our club received from the Sheriff’s office thanking us for our donation of toys for their toy drive. We all felt great to give to a worthy cause.
Next, anyone that had entered a poster in the poster contest received either their poster back or their entry form because their poster went to state. We had a lot of members have posters go to state. We also talked about the upcoming photo contest, pictures for which are due to the extension office Friday, March 3. Good luck to all.
Our club leader is looking into bowling at Wilson Lanes on March 17, a Friday evening. This is a fun get-together for all who attend.
We all received our project books. So, have fun and get started and they will be due before you know it.
Important upcoming dates to remember are:
• March 28, the 1st mandatory livestock meeting for anyone having a fair animal. It will be at 6:30 p.m. at HHS.
• April 11, the 2nd and final mandatory livestock meeting. (Fair exhibitors must attend one of these meetings to show). This meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. at Augusta Elementary School
• April 21, rabbit ownership
• April 21, 4-H shooting sports weekend
• April 21, Multi county 4-H round-up
• May 15, ownership of goats, sheep, pigs, and calves
• May 20, we will be tagging for the fair
• June 12-16 is 4-H camp
• June 20, FFA alumni workshop picnic at the fairgrounds at 6 p.m.
• June 30, project books due
• July 24-29 is our very own Hampshire county fair
So, as you can see, there are some busy months upcoming.
At our meeting we also had 8 wonderful demos on how to groom your dog, origami, how to make a fruit smoothie (which is in the new cooking project 101), preparing your pig for show, having an emergency kit, how to make jerky, and about FFA. All demos where very interesting and informative. The presenters all did a great job! How-How!
Our next meeting will be in March, and I hope to see everyone there.