Demand Soars for Real Estate-Related IPOs
More investors are betting on housing’s recovery in the stock market. A U.S. housing recovery is bringing about high returns for investors in the stock market, and prompting more housing-related companies to jump in.
Boise Cascade, a maker of plywood and other building materials, lauched its initial public offering (IPO) on Wednesday and jumped 25 percent in its debut. It raised $247.1 million in its IPO — more than the company had expected. Homebuilder TRI Pointe rose 12 percent when it went public on Jan. 31 and raised $268 million in its IPO.
“Investors may have been particularly drawn to Boise Cascadeand TRI Pointe as a way to bet on the housing recovery,” the Associated Press reports. “Home sales and prices have routinely been setting multiyear highs as they come back from the real estate collapse, fueled by improvements in the job market and the overall economy, coupled with low interest rates.”
On average, the 13 biggest publicly traded U.S. homebuilders saw their shares more than double in 2012.
There appears to be strong demand for real estate-related IPOs, Francis Gaskins, president of researcher IPOdesktop, told the Associated Press.
And more real estate IPOs are expected to soon debut, such as homebuilder Taylor Morrison Home Corp., based in Scottsdale, Ariz., which filed initial public offering documents in December and may make its debut soon.
Leave a Reply
- Consumers Put Mortgage Payoff Ahead of Other Debt September 20, 2013
- Smart-Home Services to See Huge Growth August 30, 2013
- Census: Recession Hit Families Hard August 30, 2013
- Some Home Owners Say Rentals Are Ruining Neighborhoods August 30, 2013
- More Brokerages Becoming One-Stop Shops August 30, 2013
- Lower Rates Give Loan Demand Slight Boost August 29, 2014
- Commercial Sectors Surge on Improved Economy August 29, 2014
- 3 Tricks for Finding the Perfect Asking Price August 29, 2014
- Study: Immigrants Fared Crisis Better Than U.S. Natives August 29, 2014
- This Year’s 10 Good Neighbor Awards Finalists August 29, 2014
|Monthly Gross Income||$|
|Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
Closing Cost Estimator
|View/Edit Closing Cost Details|
|Traditional Closing Expenses|
|Lender Processing Fees||$|
|Wire and Courier Fees||$|
|Title Closing Fee||$|
|Title Document Prep Fee||$|