Americans Get More Confident About Home Buying
The percentage of Americans who have been waiting to buy a home over concerns about the economy has dropped by more than half since 2010, a new survey by FindLaw.com says.
Sixty-three percent of Americans surveyed said in 2010 that they were putting off homebuying decisions because of the sluggish economy. In 2012, the percentage has dropped to 30 percent.
“Two years ago, the economic situation was driving a lot of potential home buyers to the sidelines,” says Stephanie Rahlfs, an attorney and editor with FindLaw.com. “But today we’re finding that the state of the economy is becoming less of a factor in keeping people out of the housing market.”
Many more factors are driving home buying decisions today, regardless of the state of the economy, Rahlfs adds. For example, she says homebuying motivators can be income, housing prices, schools, commute times, job relocations, mortgage rates, and the ability to sell an existing home.
“Among middle and upper income levels, we’re seeing a significant rise in people saying the economy is making them more likely to enter the housing market,” Rahlfs says, attributing that to the low mortgage rates and housing prices.
Leave a Reply
- Quicken Loans Grabs Mortgage Market Share March 8, 2013
- ‘House Stalkers’ Go After Off-Market Homes April 12, 2013
- 3 Tips for Home Shoppers This Spring April 12, 2013
- Builders Step Up Construction Due to Rising Demand April 18, 2013
- Loan Demand Picks Up Steam April 19, 2013
- New-Home Construction Ramps Up in Midwest, Northeast April 18, 2014
- Mortgage Applications End 5-Week Decline April 18, 2014
- Facebook Requires Separate App for Messages April 18, 2014
- Shiller: Housing Seeing More Momentum Than Stocks April 18, 2014
- Report: A Third of Home Owners in Foreclosure Have Equity April 18, 2014
|Monthly Gross Income||$|
|Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
Closing Cost Estimator
|View/Edit Closing Cost Details|
|Traditional Closing Expenses|
|Lender Processing Fees||$|
|Wire and Courier Fees||$|
|Title Closing Fee||$|
|Title Document Prep Fee||$|