Americans Get More Confident About Home Buying
The percentage of Americans who have been waiting to buy a home over concerns about the economy has dropped by more than half since 2010, a new survey by FindLaw.com says.
Sixty-three percent of Americans surveyed said in 2010 that they were putting off homebuying decisions because of the sluggish economy. In 2012, the percentage has dropped to 30 percent.
“Two years ago, the economic situation was driving a lot of potential home buyers to the sidelines,” says Stephanie Rahlfs, an attorney and editor with FindLaw.com. “But today we’re finding that the state of the economy is becoming less of a factor in keeping people out of the housing market.”
Many more factors are driving home buying decisions today, regardless of the state of the economy, Rahlfs adds. For example, she says homebuying motivators can be income, housing prices, schools, commute times, job relocations, mortgage rates, and the ability to sell an existing home.
“Among middle and upper income levels, we’re seeing a significant rise in people saying the economy is making them more likely to enter the housing market,” Rahlfs says, attributing that to the low mortgage rates and housing prices.
Leave a Reply
- America’s Wealthiest Own How Much Land?! October 4, 2013
- Study: Walkable Neighborhoods Better for Kids September 13, 2013
- Brokerage Relo Departments Expanding Services September 13, 2013
- Mobile Real Estate Searches Exploding September 13, 2013
- New Evidence of a Housing Bubble? September 13, 2013
- Where Buyers Face Steepest Competition September 19, 2014
- Millennials Finally Moving Out on Their Own? September 19, 2014
- Builders Haven’t Felt This Confident Since 2005 September 19, 2014
- Get a Discount on Your Mortgage September 19, 2014
- Virtual Tours Are a Slam Dunk for Your Site September 19, 2014
|Monthly Gross Income||$|
|Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
Closing Cost Estimator
|View/Edit Closing Cost Details|
|Traditional Closing Expenses|
|Lender Processing Fees||$|
|Wire and Courier Fees||$|
|Title Closing Fee||$|
|Title Document Prep Fee||$|