Americans Get More Confident About Home Buying
The percentage of Americans who have been waiting to buy a home over concerns about the economy has dropped by more than half since 2010, a new survey by FindLaw.com says.
Sixty-three percent of Americans surveyed said in 2010 that they were putting off homebuying decisions because of the sluggish economy. In 2012, the percentage has dropped to 30 percent.
“Two years ago, the economic situation was driving a lot of potential home buyers to the sidelines,” says Stephanie Rahlfs, an attorney and editor with FindLaw.com. “But today we’re finding that the state of the economy is becoming less of a factor in keeping people out of the housing market.”
Many more factors are driving home buying decisions today, regardless of the state of the economy, Rahlfs adds. For example, she says homebuying motivators can be income, housing prices, schools, commute times, job relocations, mortgage rates, and the ability to sell an existing home.
“Among middle and upper income levels, we’re seeing a significant rise in people saying the economy is making them more likely to enter the housing market,” Rahlfs says, attributing that to the low mortgage rates and housing prices.
Leave a Reply
- Brokerage Aims to Make Vets Into Agents February 15, 2013
- More Wrongful Foreclosures Against Military Members? March 8, 2013
- Credit Card Company Adds Home-Equity Business March 15, 2013
- Economists Revise Housing Figures Amid Optimism March 15, 2013
- 7 Banks Foreclosing on the Most Mortgages March 15, 2013
- Mortgage Applications Bounce Back March 7, 2014
- More Subprime Mumblings Emerge March 7, 2014
- Multifamily Ready for Another Strong Year, Mortgage Giants Say March 7, 2014
- Shut Out of the Housing Market? First-Timers Dwindle March 7, 2014
- Google Invests $50 Million in Auction.com March 7, 2014
|Monthly Gross Income||$|
|Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
Closing Cost Estimator
|View/Edit Closing Cost Details|
|Traditional Closing Expenses|
|Lender Processing Fees||$|
|Wire and Courier Fees||$|
|Title Closing Fee||$|
|Title Document Prep Fee||$|