Americans Get More Confident About Home Buying
The percentage of Americans who have been waiting to buy a home over concerns about the economy has dropped by more than half since 2010, a new survey by FindLaw.com says.
Sixty-three percent of Americans surveyed said in 2010 that they were putting off homebuying decisions because of the sluggish economy. In 2012, the percentage has dropped to 30 percent.
“Two years ago, the economic situation was driving a lot of potential home buyers to the sidelines,” says Stephanie Rahlfs, an attorney and editor with FindLaw.com. “But today we’re finding that the state of the economy is becoming less of a factor in keeping people out of the housing market.”
Many more factors are driving home buying decisions today, regardless of the state of the economy, Rahlfs adds. For example, she says homebuying motivators can be income, housing prices, schools, commute times, job relocations, mortgage rates, and the ability to sell an existing home.
“Among middle and upper income levels, we’re seeing a significant rise in people saying the economy is making them more likely to enter the housing market,” Rahlfs says, attributing that to the low mortgage rates and housing prices.
Leave a Reply
- New-Home Lot Prices Start to Flatten November 1, 2013
- New Sign of Housing Recovery’s Hold? October 11, 2013
- Freddie Mac’s Plan to Stall Impact of Shutdown October 11, 2013
- Realtor.com® Scores Goal as NHL Team Sponsor October 11, 2013
- Survey: Gov’t Shutdown Deflating Housing Optimism October 11, 2013
- What Makes Buyers So Predictable October 31, 2014
- ‘Zombies’ Terrorizing Housing Market Less October 31, 2014
- Detroit’s Mystery ‘Blight Savior’ Revealed October 31, 2014
- Where the Owner Doesn’t Live in the Home October 31, 2014
- Fed Stimulus Over: What About Interest Rates? October 31, 2014
|Monthly Gross Income||$|
|Monthly Debt Expenses [?]
Monthly Debt and Obligations Should Include:
Closing Cost Estimator
|View/Edit Closing Cost Details|
|Traditional Closing Expenses|
|Lender Processing Fees||$|
|Wire and Courier Fees||$|
|Title Closing Fee||$|
|Title Document Prep Fee||$|