The Hampshire County Health Fair, sponsored by the Augusta Ruritan Club, will be showcasing over 25 health and wellness exhibits from 7 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13, at Augusta Church of Christ.
LabCorp blood tests, which can be purchased on site with cash or checks, will include Hemoglobin A1C for $5, B12 and Folate for $10, Hepatitis C for $10, PSA for men only for $5, Testosterone for $10, Vitamin D for $20, and the Executive Panel including thyroid, lipids, and more for $25.
All lab results are processed and then mailed to the individual. If results are critical, a practitioner will contact the participant, typically through Valley Health.
There will also be free vaccines available for individuals 18 years old and under including shots for Tdap, HPV, flu, pneumonia, HepA, and HepB. Vaccines are available for adults as well; interested individuals can call the Health Department at 304-822-5111 for adult prices.
Additional services include free skin cancer checks by Hahn Medical Practices, free fingerprinting by the Sheriff’s department, and free hearing screening and hearing aid cleaning by Heritage Hearing Center.
Additional health fair services
• Free diabetic retinopathy screening. Must schedule ahead of time by calling 304-822-2198.
• Free blood pressure screening.
• Free advance directive and living will assistance.
• Free EKG’s with Valley Medical Transport.
• Information from VH Hampshire Wellness and Fitness.
• Information from VH Heart and Vascular Center.
• Information from VH Hampshire Memorial Hospital Multispecialty Practice.
Hampshire Memorial Hospital:
• COPD and smoking cessation.
• Coumadin and anticoagulation management.
• CPR and first aid.
• Diabetes management.
• Long term care unit.
• Medical imaging and radiology services.
• Physical and occupational therapy.
• Respiratory Services.
• Safe Sitter.
• Wound care.