1-24-13 Romney area home suffers fire and water damage

Would you like to receive e-mail alerts when we have breaking news? Click here!

ROMNEY — A rented two-story home on Core Road was damaged due to a flue fire, according to G.T. Parsons, chief of Romney Volunteer Fire Company.

“The home was being rented. The fire was confined to the second floor and attic,” said Parsons.

Parson said there was extensive water damage throughout the house.

Jerry Loudin, chief of operations at Hampshire County 911 Center said the call came in at 5:14 p.m. Wednesday.

“The first unit arrived on the scene at 5:24 p.m.,” said Loudin.

“One civilian suffered chest pains and was taken to the hospital,” said Parsons.

Parsons said he did not know who rented the house or the name of the person transported to the hospital.

He said cold temperatures hampered the operation.

Units responding to the fire included the Romney Volunteer Fire Department,  Augusta Volunteer Fire Department, Springfield Volunteer Fire Department, Levels Volunteer Fire Department, Fort Ashby Volunteer Fire Department, North River Volunteer Fire Department and Moorefield Volunteer Fire Department.

Loudin said Burling Volunteer Fire Department was called to the scene but was diverted to a second fire that occurred with minutes of the first.

The second fire was in Mineral County.

Springfield Volunteer Fire Department sent a truck to the Mineral County fire, which was on Parker Road.

“The last unit cleared the Core Road fire at 8:56 p.m.,”said Loudin.

Loudin said the Springfield Volunteer Fire Department was also called out last night around 12:30 a.m. to a fire on Oldtown Road, Oldtown, Md.

Assisting on that fire was Slanesville Volunteer Fire Department.

Leave a Reply

*

 

  SITE MAP: News | Sports | School | Classifieds | Death Notices | Calendar of Events | Real Estate | Blogs | E-Shop | Contact Us

© 2014 Hampshire Review . All Rights Reserved.