11-27-12 Senior day Saturday vs. KansasSports Headlines Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 Would you like to receive e-mail alerts when we have breaking news? Click here!
Saturday’s football contest between West Virginia and Kansas at Milan Puskar Stadium will kickoff at 2:30 p.m. and be televised on FSN. Tickets are available and can be purchased at WVUGAME.com or 1-800-WVU GAME.
All Mountaineer senior football players will be honored pregame as a part of Senior Day. The 2012 senior class is led by record-setting players Geno Smith and Tavon Austin, two of the best players in school history.
Geno Smith, QB, 6-3, 225, Miami, Fla./Miramar
- Earned National Offensive Player of the Week twice
- One of five finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award
- Completed 327-of-466 passes for 3,597 yards and 37 touchdowns against only five interceptions
- Thrown for 300 or more yards in six of 11 games (career-high 656 yards vs. Baylor)
- For his career, he has completed 946-of-1,413 passes for 11,054 yards; has 93 touchdowns to only 20 interceptions
Tavon Austin, WR, 5-9, 171, Baltimore, Md./Dunbar
- Named Big 12 Player of the Week twice
- One of two players in the nation to score touchdowns in four different ways rushing, receiving, kickoff return and punt return
- No. 1 nationally in receptions per game (9.6), No. 2 in all-purpose yards (233.9) and No. 8 in receiving yards per game (104.5)
- Currently has 106 catches for 1,149 yards and 12 touchdowns
- Recorded 200 or more yards of all-purpose yards in seven of the 11 games this season
- Finished with 572 all-purpose yards against Oklahoma, seven yards short of the NCAA record (344 yards rushing, 82 receiving, 146 kickoff returns)