If you have an event that you need to change or a shutdown because of coronavirus worries, email email@example.com and we’ll add it to our online list.
• To walk-in traffic, the Hampshire County Sheriff's office, tax office and assessor's office. Call the offices beforehand to learn the best alternative to transact business. Sheriff: 304-822-3894. Tax: 304-822-4720. Assessor: 304-822-3326.
• Romney Federal Credit Union's lobby — but employees are still available by phone or email.
• The Hampshire County Convention and Visitors Bureau office in Taggart Hall
• The Hampshire County extension office along with all other extension offices across the state, at the end of business today (Wednesday, March 18).
• Hampshire Wellness and Fitness Center at Sunrise Summit, as of today (Wednesday, March 18). Valley Health has closed all wellness centers in its system.
• All West Virginia schools and activities through at least March 27.
• Hampshire County’s 3 senior centers for dine-in meals and all other activities. Meals can be picked up in Romney and Capon Valley View from 11:30 a.m. to noon and from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in Springfield on the usual meal days.
• Romney Food pantry for the next 2 weeks
• The Hampshire County Public Library in Romney for “at least” 2 weeks from Monday (March 16).
• Helping Hands thrift store in Romney. Call 304-822-5790 for help with medical supplies.
• The Bank of Romney Community Building to all activities for the rest of March.
• All Social Security offices. Social Security business can still be conducted online or by calling 1-800-772-1213.
• All restaurants, bars and gyms in Maryland.
• All events at the Cat and the Fiddle music studio in Capon Bridge, through March 31.
• The River House in Capon Bridge has canceled all activities and even closed its café through the end of March.
• The Capon Bridge Ruritan Club’s community Easter egg hunt, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 11
• The meet-the-candidates night scheduled for next Tuesday (March 31) at the Springfield Ruritan.
• Farm Management Institute from Farm Credit of the Virginias, scheduled in Romney Friday, March 19.
• All circuit, family and magistrate court proceedings except for emergency hearings, until at least April 10.
• The spring vendor show by the GFWC scheduled for the Bottling Works on March 28.
• Lenten luncheons Wednesdays at Romney First United Methodist, sponsored by the Ministerial Association.
• The monthly free community dinner, scheduled for Thursday (March 10) at the old Capon Bridge Middle School.
• DNR regional meetings Monday and Tuesday nights to get input on upcoming hunting and fishing regulations. Comments can still be made online or at the regional office.
• Mass at Our Lady of Grace and all Catholic churches across West Virginia.
• The Lenten Friday fish fry at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
• Worship at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, until further notice.
• Maple Day activities at Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College and Potomac State College, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 21.
• The kick-off meeting for Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College's new food co-op, originally scheduled for March 25, to be determined.
• Books and Beyond book club until further notice.
• Legion Post 91 sock hop with DJ Jeff, originally scheduled for Friday night (March 20).
• Pig roast fundraiser scheduled for March 28 at Hope Christian Church, until further notice.
• Romney on the Menu, originally scheduled for Friday night. No makeup date has been set yet.
• 16th annual auction for teen camps at Hope Christian Church, originally scheduled for this Saturday, March 21, to a date to be determined.
• Spaghetti dinner at Tearcoat Church of the Brethren, originally scheduled for Friday (March 20); no makeup date has been set.
• Hampshire County Democratic Convention, from March 28 until further direction is given by the state Democratic Committee
• The FFA ham, bacon and egg sale scheduled for Saturday at the Augusta Fire hall will be held at a date to be announced.
• Until April 10 (as of now): All high school and middle school sports contests.
• Until April 7: Mandatory meeting for 4-Hers showing livestock at the county fair, 6:30 p.m., HHS auditorium. This was originally scheduled for next Tuesday.
The exhibitor meetings at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 1, and 8 a.m. Saturday, April 4, will still occur.
• The celebration of life service for Glenwood Johnson originally scheduled for March 20, until late spring.
• The regional social studies fair that was to be held Saturday at Musselman High School until a date yet to be determined.
• 2020 Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester, scheduled for the last week of April.
• Romney Church of the Nazarene's free Feed My Sheep meal on Saturday will be outside pick-up only. It runs from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Capon Bridge Library will be open only for book/movie/audio return and checkouts, in 15-minute visits. Hand sanitizer will be used before searching for checkouts. Computer usage, programs, events and meetings have been canceled until further notice. Open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Catholic Charities will not allow walk-ins. People who need emergency assistance can call 304-822-5414 to see if they are eligible and funding is available.